Sunday, September 27, 2009

REVIEW: UNDEAD AND UNWORTHY by MARYJANICE DAVIDSON


Summary from the official site of Mary Janice Davison.  Nobody reigns over the undead with more savvy than  heroine Betsy Taylor, back to rule the nights as Vampire Queen––and survive the days as a new suburban bride. But it’s not all marital bliss. Betsy’s husband, Sinclair, has been perusing The Book of the Dead, Betsy’s being hounded by a ghost who’s even more insufferable in death than in life, and a pack of formerly feral vampires has decided to pay an unwelcome visit…

My thoughts...The library finally pulled through on this one.  This is one I would have just bought, but it wasn't released in paperback right away.  For those of you who haven't read any MJD yet, this is book 7 in the UNDEAD series.  I am waiting on book 8, Undead and Unwelcome.  It should come from the library this week. 

So, about the book...I was a bit panicked when I read the Note To Reader that said "You probably noticed a change in the cover design (if your reading the American version, that is) among other things, and that is indicative of the new direction I'm taking the series in.".  I like the Queen Betsy series, they are light, funny, easy reads.  So when she mentioned a "new direction", I was a little worried.   That being said, I did not notice a change.  Betsy still finds herself in the worst situations.  This book, like the others, was a quick read with only 285 pages. They are not deep, life changing stories and yes, they could probably roll two books into one, but they are meant to be fun, easy reads.  I would rate them a 4/5. 

For more information on MaryJanice Davidson and her books, visit her website

If you liked this book, you may also like:
1. Undead and Unwelcome  by MaryJanice Davidson
2. Dead End Dating:A Novel of Vampire Love (book 1) by Kimberly Raye
3. I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Oklahoma, book 1) by, Michelle Bardsley

**Never read any MaryJanice Davidson books before?  I am giving away the FIRST THREE BOOKS in the series.  Watch for the contest announcement!

2 comments:

Juju from Tales of Whimsy said...

Great review. The covers are very edgy and updated.

Mara said...

sounds great! I havent heard of the series. Can't wait to read these! Thanks for the review.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.