Thursday, September 10, 2009

REVIEW: Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett


What—did you think all vamps were pale, thin and brooding?

Don’t I wish.

Me, I just happened to be bloating when a sexy Scotsman sank his teeth into me, so here I am, eternally “full-figured.” On the plus side, Glory St. Clair can rock a corset like nobody’s business. Oh, and as for Angus Jeremiah Campbell III, aka Jeremy Blade? We’ve been on and off again for centuries, currently off. After a couple hundred years we sure know how to press each other’s hot buttons—in good ways and bad. (This is an exerpt from Jerry Bartlett's webiste)

Jerry Bartlett breaks many stereotypes with her heroine Glory St. Clair.  Rather than being model thin, she is voluptuous in all the right places.  Glory is also strong willed, independent and adored by several charming vampires.  From her talking dog to the kilt wearing Scottsman, Jerry Bartlett creates a creative vampire world. 

I enjoyed the witty characters and the romantic connection the main characters share.  However, it took me a while to get into the story.  This is book 1 of 5 (Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs comes out in 2010) and there was a lot of world building done.  I did grow fond of the characters and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  Real Vampires Have Curves is a fun, humorous read and I recommend it to any vampire fan.  Please visit her website for more information on this series. 


http://www.gerrybartlett.com/index.html

4 comments:

The_Book_Queen said...

Nice review-- this book does sound good. I love the summary and title, very unique. And no doubt a bit funny. I'll have to look into it when I got bookshopping next.

Enjoy,
TBQ

Leslie said...

thanks for the review! i've been wanting to read this novel just hadn't seen anyone review it =)

Kimberly Swan said...

Loved the review, and I hope that you'll continue to enjoy this series. :)

gapyeargirl123 said...

Ooh, I haven't seen this book before. It sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to look for it next time I'm out & about.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.