Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Author Interview: Roxanne Rhoads


I am pleased to introduce you to a sultry author by the name of  Roxanne Rhoads.  Some of you know her from her blog, Fang-tastic Books.  Eternal Desire was released on October 7, 2009. 

1. Could you start by telling us a little about your new release ETERNAL DESIRE?
RR: Eternal Desire is an erotic paranormal romance during Halloween. Here's the blurb:
Liz Beth, a paranormal researcher, is haunted by the seductive vampire, Quillon, who may or may not be real. She arrives in New Orleans the week of Halloween to search for the elusive vampire of her dreams and instead encounters a handsome stranger, Christien, with whom she begins a passionate affair with.

Soon she is torn between her dream lover and a flesh and blood man, both of whom are a mystery to her. The closer it gets to Halloween the wilder things become. LizBeth gets closer to the truth about Quillon while Christien has her under his own spell.

Will all be revealed at the Vampyre Ball or will the masks stay in place?
In New Orleans at Halloween anything is possible.

2. I've read that the book takes place in New Orleans. Did you have to do much research for this novella?
RR: Some, not a whole lot. I absolutely love New Orleans so I knew a lot about it but I grabbed a vacation guide just to get hotel names and street names correct.

The year I wrote the story all the events mentioned in the book were actually scheduled to happen in New Orleans like the Vampyre Ball.

3. What inspired you to write this story?
RR: Well I love New Orleans and vampires are my favorite paranormal creature then I tossed in my favorite holiday-Halloween and it all came together.


4. You have quite a bit of experience as an erotic romance author. Would you describe ETERNAL DESIRE as an erotic romance or another genre?
RR: I would describe ETERNAL DESIRE as an erotic romance because it's more about the story than the sex in the story and the romantic elements are high.


5. Will ETERNAL DESIRE be a stand-alone book or are you writing a series?
RR: It is a stand alone though I have plans to bring these characters back in a later book but just as minor characters.


6. Are you currently working on any other projects that you would like to share with us?
RR: I have a lot of works in progress. I also have a few upcoming stories coming out. In December INSATIABLE, a highly erotic novella, will be released through Eternal Press.

I have another vampire tale scheduled to be in an anthology through L&L Dreamspell, an erotic Christmas piece to appear in an Xcite anthology and a fun romantic vampire tale to be released through Midnight Showcase. Details and dates are currently up in the air on most of those right now.


7. ETERNAL DESIRE features a vampire. Do any other paranormal beings make an appearance in this story?
RR: Some ghosts pop in and make the Vampyre Ball very interesting.


8. What is your favorite way to unwind after a hard day of writing? Any guilty pleasures?
RR: I love watching some of my shows like Grey's Anatomy after everyone else is asleep. If I don't have anything saved on my DVR I curl up with a book to relax for awhile before going to bed.

Roxanne Rhoads

Freelance Writer, Author, Poet
eroticroxanne@yahoo.com
http://www.roxannesrealm.blogspot.com/
http://www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/

Here is the book trailer.  It looks FANG-TASTIC!


Check Out My Erotica Stories
Tasty Christmas Treats now in ebook and print
Paranormal Bedtime Stories now in ebook and print
~Contains my stories Halloween Surprise and Sea of Blood
Lasting Lust: An Anthology of Kinky Couples in Love
~ Contains my story The First Brick available at RavenousRomance.com
Torrid Teasers Volume 59 Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
~Featuring Renata and The Questioning Concubine
Justus Roux's Erotic Tales 2
~Contains my poem Waiting Patiently
The Mammoth Book of Erotic Confessions
~contains two of my erotic confessions

Roxanne, thanks for visiting us today.  Congratulations on your new release!

E-books of Eternal Desire can be purchased at EternalPress.ca and Fictionwise.com.   If you prefer a print copy, you can purchase one from Amazon.com.

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Nice interview - New Orleans is always such a fun setting :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Nice review. I love New Orleans. Books about the city always intrigue me.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thanks for dropping by and reading my interview.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

BTW Elie Tammie from Night Owl picked you as the winner of a Fang-tastic Books t-shirt, I'll be sending that out to you probably the first of next week.

I am finishing off all my giveaways this week and planning to mail everything out at once.

elnice said...

Woot, thanks for letting me know! (happy dance)

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for that exact brand. The prices seeking the boots were approximately 210 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular model. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 180 bucks on every page. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact brand. The prices seeking the shoes were about 180 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 180 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

see what if there was cracked guide where you learn win a lottery 98% of time. Find out this website if you want to win lottery almost every time you play ...
[url=http://how-to-win-a-lottery.net]how-to-win-a-lottery.net[/url]

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.