Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PSSST, hey SOOKIE STACKHOUSE FANS, guess what I heard...



I heard from Literary Escapism who heard from SciFiWire who heard from CNN that Charlaine Harris said the Southern Vampire Series has an ending point.

  "I've signed a contract to write three more after the one that's coming out in May, and they may be the last three," Harris told CNN. "Probably by then I will have lived with Sookie long enough."

So far there are 9 Sookie books out and that would end it with 13 books.  That would keep up in stitches through 2014.  Charlaine doesn't want the story to get played out.  Be sure to check out the interview on CNN.  Charlaine expresses her feelings about True Blood, mens with fangs and her next book.

5 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

sad, but good news. i'd hate to see sookie resort to jumping the shark.

Miss Eliza said...

Well, there are actually currently 9 books, the 10th coming out in the Spring, so bringing the count to 13...a far better number to end the Sookie Series on.

Emily said...

I love Sookie but I think I would be okay with the series ending. I'd rather have a finite number of good books than an infinite number of some good, some yucky ones.

elnice said...

I knew that, thanks for the catch!

alterlisa said...

I hate that but life goes on

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.