Saturday, November 21, 2009

~Got INK?~



I am fascinated with the number of books lately that feature INKED covers.  In this weekly post, I am going to feature some of the ones I like best.  Can you think of any, seen any inked covers?   Leave them in the comments or have your own Got INK?  post. 


The House of Night Series by PC and Kristen Cast 
Anyone who has seen any of these books in person knows how pretty they are.  The fleglings are marked with a cresent shaped tatoo on their foreheads, but when they turn into adult Vampyres, their tatoo's change.  Their ink shows something about their personality or their affinity. 

Visit the House of Night website to view the characters' ink and make your own design.



6 comments:

Jessica W. (Book Bound) said...

The covers that come to mind without me having to search are the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter (butterfly tattoos, beautiful covers), Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr and Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward.

I'm sure I have 100 books with covers contained tattoos, but I can only think of these for now. ~laughs~

I love tattoos and have a few of my own, so always notice them on book covers.

vvb32 reads said...

i'm not too familiar. except for girl with the dragon tattoo and the tattoo murder case covers. look forward to reading and seeing what you have in store for this INK theme.

Abigail [All Things Urban Fantasy] said...

All the Mercy Thompson covers

Misty said...

Two I have had my eye on:
The Black Tattoo
Ink Exchange

Good call on the Mercy Thompson books, Abigail. Love those books.

JG said...

These are not Young Adult AT ALL, but almost the entire Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey feature tattoo covers. The first cover with a tattoo is on Kushiel's Chosen, the second in the series. The author has a page of fan tattoos based on the books on her site.

elnice said...

Great suggestions. I will have to check these out!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.