Friday, November 13, 2009

REVIEW: Evermore by Alyson Noel


Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, Ever can see auras, hear people's thoughts, and know a person's entire life story by touch. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen.


Damen Auguste is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head—wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can see straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. She has no idea just who he really is—or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.    (Summary from the website of Alyson Noel)
 
Click here to read an exerpt. 
 
My thoughts...This book has been on my list for quite a while.  I don't know why I waited so long to read it, but I am glad I finally did.  After finishing the first chapter, I was instantly drawn into Noel's world and did not stop until I reached the end.  The heroine, Ever, is not your typical teenager.  She suffered from profound lost and significant changes to her life.  Then we meet Damon.  He is tall, dark, handsome, mysterious, and magical.  They share a magical connection that I was not expecting.   The language of the story flowed nicely.  Ms. Noel does a beautiful job telling the story, I really felt like I was seeing and feeling things from Ever's point of view. 
 
This book seemed to be a cross between Twilight, Dead Until Dark, and Blue Bloods, three of my favorite books.  I saw significant character growth in Ever throughout the story.  And while a few of the characters were a bit annoying, they added to the story structure, creating more drama.  There are some important themes in the story such as friendship, love, trust, and dealing with grief.  The only con I found was the very end.  It wrapped everything up, but rather quickly.  I felt it needed a few more details.  Other than this, I enjoyed  the book and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series. 
 
For more information on Alyson Noel and her books, please visit her website
Book three in the series, Shadowland, realeases November 17.  Alyson will be interviewed here to talk about her new release. 


 
If you liked Evermore, you may also enjoy...
1. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
2. Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

8 comments:

Jessica W. (Book Bound) said...

Thanks for the great review! This book is already sitting in my TBR pile. I've heard some great reviews, so hopefully I'll enjoy it. : D

Jessica W. - Book Bound

Maria said...

I love Evermore, it was a great book!

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

Texy's bookself said...

I have been wanting to read this book for some time now. I think it's about time I go out and buy it !
Can't wait !

Becky said...

I must read this. It ison my TBR pile but somewhere near the bottom. I need more hours in a day. 30 would be good! Great review!

Hazel said...

This is waiting to be read. My sister in law keeps raving about it haha! I cant wait to finally start reading it. Great review!

Donna [Fantasy Dreamer's Ramblings] said...

My stepdaughter has this one, maybe I should borrow it and give it a try. Great review!

austenfan said...

I love this series! Can't wait for Shadowland! :)

The Couch Critic said...

Great review. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I can't wait to read the new one.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.