Saturday, January 30, 2010

Got INK? (11)

I am fascinated with the number of books lately that feature INKED covers. In this weekly post, I am going to feature some of the ones I like best. Can you think of any, seen any inked covers?

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven
January 2008

AN ANCIENT EVIL HAS BEEN UNLEASHED. NOW ONE BOY'S RAGE COULD DESTROY US ALL...

Jack's best mate, Charlie, has always been effortlessly cool. When Charlie wakes up one day and finds a mysterious, moving BLACK TATTOO on his back, it's a clear sign that he's even cooler than Jack thought. To top it off, Charlie is suddenly able to fight like a kung fu master, fly, and control the minds of others. Yes, he's got super powers.

Or does he?

Jack soon learns the terrifying truth: Charlie's incredible powers come from an age-old demon called the Scourge, who is using Charlie to bring about its evil masterplan. To stop the Scourge, Jack and Charlie join forces with Esme, a girl with super powers of her own, trained from birth to fight the demon. But time is running out, as Charlie falls deeper under the Scourge's dark spell.

When the Scourge vanishes with Charlie, Jack and Esme follow their friend from the streets of London into Hell itself, where they face horrors that may well cost them their lives. Can they survive to outwit the Scourge, save Charlie, and stop an even greater evil?

Click here to read an exerpt from the author's website. 
For more information, visit the website of Sam Enthoven.

*Special thanks to Misty for recommending this one. 
*The Got INK? button was created by the talented KMont of Lurv A La Mode!

5 comments:

Becky said...

The cover isn't showing up for me. Hey, it's snowing on your blog. Why have I not noticed that before? I love books set in London. Great pick.

Book Crazy Jenn said...

I just recently got this book - I have not read it yet, but I think the pull was the cover which I love!

Nina said...

I can truly say that the cover isn't working for me. But the story sounds great, I mean waking up and finding out you got superpowers..hello? Fun,mmm..no not when it's from a demon.Scary!
Great pick!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Woah, what?! Nice pick, though I agree this isn't one of the top in the inked covers you've spotlighted. The premise definitely sounds interesting though.
And I love the new button! :D

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

I;m like Book Crazy Jen.... I just bought this book at a used book store. I am always amazed a new authors I find!!=)
I have not read this book yet either!!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.