Saturday, January 2, 2010

Got Ink? (7)



I am fascinated with the number of books lately that feature INKED covers. In this weekly post, I am going to feature some of the ones I like best. Can you think of any, seen any inked covers?


The Mystery of Grace by Charles De Lint
March 17, 2009

Grace Quintero works at Sanchez Motor Works, customizing hot rods. Her whole world consists of her apartment building, the grocery store, the library, the record shop, and the local music hall. She misses her grandfather, the only person she was close to. She meets John at the music hall one night and has a feeling that they might have a relationship, not just a hookup. But there’s one problem. Grace is dead and trying to adjust to her “life” as a ghost. De Lint’s skillful depiction of people trying to resolve unfinished business, develop the courage to let some things go, and distinguish between the two draws the reader into a world that is neither life nor death. We agonize, in the classic sense, along with Grace and root for her resolution. This is a stand-alone work, unconnected to anything else de Lint has done before, but it should please his regular readers, and perhaps fantasy fans in general, no end. --Frieda Murray
(Summary from Amazon.com)

For more information about Charles DeLint and his books, visit his website

*Thanks to JG for suggesting this one!

8 comments:

Ash. Elizabeth said...

oh man! I've never heard of this book but the cover and summary drew me in. No i got to buy it : ) thanks for this post!

Becky said...

Wow, that cover is a work of art!

Tamsyn said...

That is a really lovely tattoo on the lady! Very nicely done.
Lauren Dane also has a couple of books where the cover features the heroine with some really fabulous tattoos, Laid Bare and Coming Undone.

The Book Vixen said...

I have an award for you over at my blog :D

JG said...

Yay! You featured Charles de Lint! He's my very favorite author. Thanks!

Aye.Me? said...

Oooh, I'd never heard of this one!

Isn't it just impossible to not judge a book by its cover!?!?

~Aye.Me?
Reversing The Monotony

Simcha said...

I've never read anything by Charles DeLint , though I know I really should. Have you read anything by him that you could recommend?

Elie said...

I have not read anything by him, but JG (comment above) loves this author.

I was drawn to the cover.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.