Saturday, January 9, 2010

Got Ink? (8)


I am fascinated with the number of books lately that feature INKED covers. In this weekly post, I am going to feature some of the ones I like best. Can you think of any, seen any inked covers?

The Hunter's Kiss Series


rereleased or possibly UK  on left--old on right
The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu
June2008

Living tattoos: demons of the flesh, turned into flesh, the only family demon hunter Maxine Kiss has left—and the only way she can survive, and fight, the imprisoned demonic army waiting to destroy humanity. Book 1 in the Hunter Kiss series.
Click here to read an exerpt



Darkness Calls by Marjorie M. Liu
June 30, 2009

They are the obsidian shadows of my flesh - tattoos with minds, hearts, and dreams. By day, they protect me. But when night calls to them, they leave my body, dissolving into their true form - as demons…

Nomad born and bred, demon hunter Maxine Kiss has always relied upon herself to fight the darkness that surrounds her, the predators-human, zombie, and otherwise - who threaten the earth. But one man has penetrated her lonely life: Grant, the last of his kind. With music he is able to control any living creature…including demons. And now his life is in danger.

Haunted by the past, determined to change the future, Maxine soon understands that to save Grant, she has only one choice-to lose control, and release her own powers of darkness…
(summary from author website)
Visit Marjorie M Liu's website to read an exerpt.



A Wild Light by Marjorie M. Liu
2010

Which Iron Hunt do you like better?

*Special thanks to INCiDeNT and SciFiGuy for recommending these.

5 comments:

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill) said...

I'm amazed by the number of books that feature inked covers. It's already your Got Ink n°8 !

I like the old cover of The Iron Hunt better. I'm not a big fan of photo superpositions, for covers or in general. So blue cover it is ! :)

Becky said...

I love the sound of these books. The covers have such strong female characters which is a change from the love struck girls that have been populating YA lately. I love those books but its nice to have a change.

Lea said...

Dang, she looks like she means business! I really like the Darkness Calls cover.

Book Monster said...

OOOh I like the "Wild Light" one.

INCiDeNT said...

Glad you like them! I recently found the UK version of The Iron Hunt, put some posts and a review up for it too. Have you read this series yet?

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.