Sunday, January 3, 2010

Review: Come Hell or High Water by Michele Bardsley


Come Hell or High Water by,  Michele Bardsley
Pub: January 5, 2010

The newest paranormal romance in the national bestselling broken heart series
Everybody makes mistakes-and my first one was named Connor, a heart- stealing Scottish hottie. I thought our night together was the beautiful beginning to a love story, which turned out to be my second mistake. I, Phoebe Allen, lifelong Broken Heart resident and vampire, am now mated to a half-demon.

Thankfully Phoebe's four-year-old son Danny is safely away at Disneyworld with his human father. Because Phoebe's right in the middle of major paranormal drama, helping Connor and his rag-tag group of friends retrieve part of an ancient talisman in order to ward off Connor's vicious stepmother, an uber-demon named Lilith. Phoebe swears she isn't falling for any of Connor's demon charm. But still, he's willing to do anything to protect her and prevent demons from storming into Broken Heart. And her undead heart can't resist a bad boy with identity issues...

They protect Chicago from demons, vamps, and dark magic users. It's too bad Lily doesn't have powers of her own to help. At least, none that she's discovered yet...
(Summary from Barnes & Noble)

Click here to read an exerpt from Come Hell or High Water.

My thoughts..Once again Michele Bardsley does not disappoint with another fun installment in The Broken Heart Series.  This time we meet two new characters, Pheobe and Conner who try to face down one of the ultimate evils.  I think this one is my favorite yet!  It is packed with action, scary paranormal creatures and STEAMY love scenes.  This one is definitely NOT for the kiddies, it is very sexy. 

The plot moved along at a steady pace, keeping me turning pages until the end of the book.  I did not find it predictable or mundane, it was actually a bit darker than the other books in the series.  The new characters are very likeable, although I was not sure if the hero in the story was trustable or not.  The old favorites also appeared, keeping the spirit of the magical town alive.  Whether you are new to Broken Heart, or an old fan, this is a must read! 

For more information on Michele and her books, please visit her website.

If you liked this book, you may also enjoy...
1. Undead and Unwed by, Mary Janice Davidson
2. Real Vampires Have Curves by, Jerry Bartlett
3. I'm The Vampire, That's Why by, Michele Bardsley

*A big thank you to Michele for providing me with this arc to review. 

8 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

I've read the first two or three books in this series and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the great review which reminded me that I need to get back to these books and soon :)

Fiction Vixen said...

This is a "new to me series", looks like something I'd really like. I'm a MaryJanice Davidson fan so I'll be checking this out. Nice review.

Lea said...

I've never heard of this series, but your review has me completely curious! Thanks for bringing something new to my attention! :)

Kari (Flamingo1325) said...

Thanks for the review and introducing me to this series!

ck.twilighter said...

Holy F'ing' HELL!!!

I fell in love with the series as soon as I read about a naked and bound Mr. Patrick O'Halloran (sp?) YUMMMoOoOoo!!=)

I have been dying to read this book but have been trying to not think of it because time drags by when you do!!!

I have enjoyed every single book and all the characters!!! Weee Heeee!!! CHeee HOoOooO.... WhOoOopie~~~~ YoWzeeeR!!!

hmmm, excited much???
YEssireeee!!!=)

Tamsyn said...

Everyone is so raving about this series that I am going to check into this! Thanks for the thumbs up!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

GREAT review :)

Elie said...

CK TWI-LOL-love your enthusiasm!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.