Friday, February 19, 2010

Bottoms Up feature: Lisa

I am hosting my first reading challenge this year. The Bottoms Up 2010 Reading Challenge requires you to read off the bottom of your TBR pile. You can still sign up, follow the link for more information.

I wanted to take the chance to feature the people who have signed up for the challenge. Each week, watch for a new mini-interview from a different participant. Be sure to stop by their blog and cheer them on!

This week will feature Lisa from Lisa Loves (Books of Course)
(stop by and check out her header, GREAT idea!)

1. Please tell us a bit about yourself.
LR: Mother of three grown kids, the youngest in her 2nd year at college . Retired from office job with a Goodyear dealer after woking for nearly thirty years. Enjoying being at home with my husband. Have really enjoyed being able to sit up as late as I want to and finish that book that has had me enthralled all day. Love to work out of doors. Spend a great deal of time in the spring and summer working in the yard in the morning and piled up reading in the hammock or at the pool in the afternoon. I love to read a good romance, a good horror story, or a funny romance story. I tend to find an author I like and then read everything I can get my hands on by that author until I get either burnout on that author or run out of books by them. I seldom reread a book and tend to collect way to many at home before taking them to our local book exchange. I have ceased doing this and now make my used friends available to other people to whom an unread book is still a "new" book.

2. Please tell us about your blog.
LR: Very infant blog at this point

Not to sure how often I will blog but thought I would have a place to put my comments and reviews of the books I read. I don't want to get so involved here that I don't read as much as I have been. I find myself often spending hours reading other blogs and reviews and not reading and enjoying the current book I'm on. However, blogs have introduced me to many new authors that I might have otherwise missed and numerous contests where I have picked up many new books.

3. What kind of books to you like to read?
LR: Paranormal romance, urban fantasy, historical fiction, YA, Thriller/Suspense/Horror, Romance and if they are a series so much for the better.

basically if I can get to page 50 I'm probably going to finish it- except for "Cold Mountain" I have read the first 50+ pages on 4 different occasions and still have not finished it

4.  OK, time to come clean. How many books are in your TBR pile?
 LR: OMG you don't even want to go there . There are maybe 75 on my next TBR bookcase but actually TBR's--are you sure you want to know?I keep my inventory on Readerware--and I really didn't want to look this number in the face. And these are ones I really, truly plan on reading. Probably 95 % of these are series books. Except for a handful of authors, I won't read a series unless I've got 4 or 5 to start me off. I actually had the first 28 books plus the anthologies for the "Eve Dallas" series before reading it. (Loved it immensely by the way. And read it in 5 or 6 book batches at a time- finished within 6 months too) Okay,okay enough procrastinating. 2187 yes 2187. I know, I know. It seems like they are actually part rabbits. I swear they multiply in the dark. Really. It's all these blogs that I read that are at fault. I still read as much in a day just not a book.

5.What is your reading goal for the Bottoms Up challenge?
LR: 3 a month seems doable

WOW, I had to make sure I read that correctly, 2187.  Lisa, you better get busy!  LOL, I am the same way with a series, I like to have several so I can read them together.  Thanks for joining the challenge!

7 comments:

~SHANNON~ said...

Hello! I found your blog through Friday Follow- and I'm so glad I did! Hope lot's of new people find you as well!

I'm your newest follower- I'd love if you'd come check out my blog!

Shannon at:http://www.milkandcuddles.com/

Lisa R said...

Thanks Shannon. I loved your cupcake recipe. And chili is a must in this winter weather. We have gotten snow at least once a week since the middle of Dec. Even though we are in the foothills, if we get one decent snowfall ever couple of years, we think we're lucky. I also like to make a hearty potato soup in the Crockpot for cold weather. I'll toast some french bread and it's a meal.

Blackberry Jam Cafe said...

Glad I found you! I'm now following from Friday Follow. Hope you'll stop by soon....
Susan
www.BlackberryJamCafe.blogspot.com

little bird said...

Hi,

I'm a new follower From Friday Follow

Hope you have a great weekend

Tori said...

Hi there, just popping in to say hi and introduce myself :)

And holy CRAP over 2000 books?! She's got me beat with that TBR list, that's for sure haha

I just started a blog recently, so I don't have many book reviews, but I'll be posting a few more soon :)

Going to sign up for this challenge on the other page!

Kathrin said...

I'm following from Follow Friday!

Glad to find a fellow book blogger :-)

Heather McDougle said...

I'm following you from Friday Follow!
Heather
http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.