Friday, February 5, 2010

Bottoms Up Feature: Misty

I am hosting my first reading challenge this year. The Bottoms Up 2010 Reading Challenge requires you to read off the bottom of your TBR pile. You can still sign up, follow the link for more information.

I wanted to take the chance to feature the people who have signed up for the challenge. Each week, watch for a new mini-interview from a different participant. Be sure to stop by their blog and cheer them on!

This week will feature Misty from Book Rat.

1. Please tell us a bit about yourself.
M: I have always been a voracious (read: compulsive) reader. Used to drive my mom nuts. I would read at the breakfast table, in the shower until the water went cold -- ruined many a book -- walking home from my best friends house (kids, please note having your nose buried in a book as you walk down the street is not recommended). And I never grew out of it. My friends come to me to borrow books, rather than a library. Sometimes, they even come to me when they have required reading for college classes, assuming I have everything. I don't. Yet.

2. Please tell us about your blog, Book Rat.
M: My blog reflects what I said above. I am book-obsessed. I will read (almost) any genre, meant for any age level, and I will give an honest opinion of the book and whether you should spend your time and money on it. I am an essayist at heart (dork; whatever), so my reviews go further than "I dis/like it because..." Also, I give "Bonus Materials" with every review. Interest piqued? (mwahaha) I also have giveaways and random sillyness.

3. What kind of books to you like to read?
M: Everything from brainy classics and contemporary award winners to cheese-ball paranormal romances, from rambling experimental pieces to simple and straightforward, from Jane Austen to zombies (though suprisingly, not so much, the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).

4. OK, time to come clean. How many books are in your TBR pile?
M: Hundreds. I keep losing count, compounded by the fact that, ahem, I keep buying more. *hangs head* It's a sickness. (Misry shared a picture of her BLUE shelf)

5. What is your reading goal for the Bottom's Up challenge?
M: At least 50 books from my endless stacks. I want to stick to reading at least 2/3 owned, and 1/3 or less borrowed. This may not bode well for my shelves or my pocketbook, however, as it may mean I will buy the books so I can say I own them, and, oh! look, it's on the bottom of the pile; well, I guess I better read it...

Thanks Misty,glad you decided to participate!

8 comments:

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

I hadn't seen this challenge. What a great idea. I don't feel so bad because I'm not up to hundreds yet in my TBR but if I don't get busy it will be!

Great interview with Misty. She has a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from the Friday Follow!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Whoa Misty! That is impressive! I am humbled in your presence! What a huge undertaking this challenge is for you. Bravo!

Cookinglady said...

Following you from Friday Follow. I see I need to catch up on my reading.

Have a great Friday

Stuff could always be worse said...

Found you from FF
kim

vvb32 reads said...

i'm curious, misty, is there a hutun shelf?

Zombie Girrrl said...

Blue shelf?! I'm with Velvet, how many colors are there, Misty? :}

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.