Sunday, February 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (17)

I got a few to add to the collection.  So many books, so little time.

Once A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search—and the stranger—will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all. This is a spellbinding display of storytelling that will exhilarate, enthrall, and thoroughly enchant.
won from Katie's Book Blog-Thank you!

The Seventh Witch (An Ophelia and Abby Mystery, Book 7)
By Shirley Damsgaard
This is the seventh and last instalment of the enchanting mystery series featuring a small-town librarian psychic and her grandmother, and a benevolent witch.
won from Shirley Damsgaard-Thank you!



The Overnight Socialite
by Birdie Clark
From the author of the media sensation Because She Can, a modern retelling of classics My Fair Lady and Pygmalion, The Overnight Socialite tells a timeless story of transformation and unlikely love set against the glittering backdrop of contemporary Manhattan.
for review from FSB associates




All summaries are from goodreads.
IMM is hosted by The Story Siren who was inspired

13 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

Those all sound great! I might have to check some of those out!

here's mine: Not-Really-Southern Vamp Chick

Melissa said...

I've never heard of any of those, but they sound amazing! Great books! :)

Becky said...

Ooh Once a Witch! I really want to read that one. I love the premise. Enjoy!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oooo I've been wanting OAW forever :)

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Very nice! Once A Witch sounds good!

fredamans said...

All look good to me.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox_20.html

Christina T said...

I liked both Once a Witch and The Overnight Socialite. I hope you enjoy them too!

Here is what's in my mailbox this week.

Maria the Bookworm said...

I'm looking forward to reading Once a Witch :)

Nelle said...

I really liked Once a Witch. The others sound interesting too. Hope you enjoy your books!

Lea said...

I've been dying to read Once A Witch, so I can't wait to see your thoughts on it!

Happy reading! :D

Book Monster said...

Once a Witch was a really good book :) I really enjoyed it!! Excited for it's sequel.

Lori said...

Once a Witch and The Seventh Witch look interesting. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

Misty said...

I want Once a Witch, and the Overnight Socialite has an awesome cover. Good stuff!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.