Monday, February 8, 2010

Review: The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy


When Marty Andrews gets bitten by a mangy mutt while walking her teacup poodle, her blond hair darkens, the hair on her legs starts growing at an alarming rate, and her mood swings put her dream job as a sales rep for Bobbie- Sue Cosmetics in serious jeopardy.

Then a drool-worthy man shows up at her door claiming that he accidentally bit Marty. And since he's a werewolf, she is now, too. Thinking Keegan Flaherty is clearly insane, Marty refuses to believe a word until a kidnapping makes her realize there's more at stake than just her highlights. And she must put her out-of-control life in the hands of the man who makes her blood run wild in more ways than one. (summary from author's website)

Click here to read an excerpt from The Accidental Werewolf.

My thoughts...Hooowwwllll. What a fun story.  The heroine, Marty Andrews is a very determined women who winds up in a very unusual situation.  Her focus is achieving success in the door-to-door company Betty-Sue Cosmetics.  I really liked Marty because she could admit her flaws,she was very goal oriented and didn't look for the easy way out.  With her recruits, the feisty Nora and the soft-spoken Wanda, they find themselves in a dark alley with a rabid dog, or so they think.  It wouldn't be a great story without a hunky, err, hairy hero, that would be Keegan.  The story is told through several characters POV, all of which were memorable and very likable. 

I really enjoyed the plot of this story.  Yes, most of us have read a werewolf tale before, but this one was unique.  Dakota infused quite a bit of humor into the story and I found myself snickering to myself frequently.  Some of the scenes were STEAMY!  Whoo baby, who knew werewolves could be so HOT.  The love scenes were tastefully written and the build-up to them was even better.  There was plenty of action to keep the story moving.   While I had several guesses, the end of the story surprised me.   I was not a big fan of Werewolf stories before, but I believe I may have been converted. 

Cover LOVE?  I really like this cover.  I love purple and the tail sticking out of her skirt is adorable.  It fits perfectly with the story, and little princess looks so huggable. 

Accidental Romance reading order:
1. The Accidental Werewolf
2. Accidentally Dead
3. The Accidental Human
4. Accidentally Demonic

For more information about Dakota and her books, visit her website or her blog

If you liked this book, you may also enjoy...
1. Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
2. Kiss and Hell by Dakota Cassidy
3. Because Your Vampire Said So by Michelle Bardsley

6 comments:

Nina said...

I think i never heard of Dakota before and the book looks totally like fun. A book that makes you laugh out loud and is about werewolves, HOT werewolves? Yes...I need to read it.
Thanks for the introduction and great review!

Booksrforever123 said...

I've read the first 3 books and absolutely LOVED them. I can't wait to get my hands on book 4. If you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for. It has everything a paranormal junkie could want in a book=humor, shifting/vamps & romance. I can't say enough about this great series of books.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Another fun cover! :)

susan said...

These are new to me. I am just getting into vampires and werewolves and love them. susan L.

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill) said...

Really fun cover, I love it ! This book sounds original, and I love when stories are told by several characters. Tempting read. :)

Becky said...

I'm with Charlotte. There is something very tempting about this book. Great review.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.