Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bottoms Up Feature: Tori from Book Faery

I am hosting my first reading challenge this year. The Bottoms Up 2010 Reading Challenge requires you to read off the bottom of your TBR pile. You can still sign up, follow the link for more information.

I wanted to take the chance to feature the people who have signed up for the challenge. Each week, watch for a new mini-interview from a different participant. Be sure to stop by their blog and cheer them on!1. Please tell us a bit about yourself.

This week's feature is about Tori from Book Faery.  Stop by and check out some of her paranormal reviews.  She recently got to meet Maggie Stiefvater.  I am so jealous!

Please tell us a little about yourself.
T:  I'm a college student who commutes to Manhattan every other day for classes. I go to a business school even though I'm an English major (because I thought the school I transferred to looked nicer than the liberal arts school I should have gone to LOL). I'm 21, and I think I've spent way too much money buying books that I haven't even read yet.

I have a puppy that's less than a year old, and we call him crotch biter (for obvious reasons heh). He's a total brat and I think I spoiled him way too much when he was a baby.

My dream is to become a published author someday. The only real challenge I have as of right now is actually...you know... getting myself to sit down and write a book. It'll happen eventually, I hope.

2. Please tell us about your blog
T:  I started [Book Faery] literally one month ago. It's primarily a book review blog. I also will start doing author interviews (my first one should actually be posted within the next couple of days!) and featured blogger interviews once BF's a little more established. There's a couple of meme's I do weekly, and I post when an author's stopping by around my area so that if there are other NY readers they won't miss out. Aside from that, the only other thing I do is host giveaways. The first one I'm doing is just about to end, and I'm giving away the Georgina Kincaid series right before Richelle Mead's 5th book comes out on March 30th.

3. What kind of books to you like to read?
T:  Anything that has paranormal aspects to it! I absolutely love werewolves and vampires and that whole "undead" crowd hehe.

4. OK, time to come clean. How many books are in your TBR pile?
T: I just came back from counting and had about 20 fall on me in the process... 47. And I just ordered like 10 more the other day LOL

5. What is your reading goal for the Bottoms Up challenge?
T: There's plenty of books that I want to re-read, along with the books that just came out that I want to read. So one or two books from the bottom of my TBR pile is perfect for me. That's already a lot of reading considering all the books I have to read for my English classes too haha.

Great plan.  It is nice to mix some of your won picks with your English homework.  Happy Reading!

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.