Monday, March 8, 2010

Cover LOVE?

Gail Carriger shared the cover for her third book in the Parasol Protectorate  series, Blameless. 


She has even posted a making of video, to view it, visit her livejournal
There are spoiler alerts all over the page, so be warned if you have not read the first two in the series.
(left-click and drag to highlight hidden text)
=========================================================================
Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season. Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead. While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto.
=====================================================================================
Here are the first two books in the series...

Soulless- October 1, 2009 (click here to order your copy)
Changeless-March 30, 2010,  (click here to preorder)

So what do you think?  Are you in Cover LOVE?

9 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Best yet! Love that dress.

Elie said...

I do like these, they are very steampunky. I just can't get Mary Poppins out of my brain.

Kat O'Keeffe said...

Oooh I love the new cover! I think all of the covers of this series are gorgeous but the third one is my favorite! I love the dress and the parasol!

kittyism said...

Stunning! But I love all of the covers for this series. The first is my favorite, but I can't complain about the other two at all. Alexia is just gorgeous.

brizmus said...

That video is super cool! This has reminded me that I absolutely MUST read Soulless NOW!

Stacy said...

I loved Soulless, can't wait to read Changless...and Blameless, wow! My fav cover so far!

WonderBunny said...

Loved Soulless and I too can't wait to read Changeless. This cover looks awesome.

Stella (Ex Libris) said...

I didn't have the chance to read Soulless yet (I discovered this series through the covers, they caught my eye), but so far I love the cover of Blameless the best, it is simply gorgeous! I love all the details of the background and the gargoyle! And that dress is sophisticated and sexy. Instant cover crush,I can't wait to read it!

vvb32 reads said...

oh yeah, looooove the cover for this series!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.