Sunday, March 7, 2010

In My Mailbox (19)

I got two books for review this week. 

Me, Myself, and Why?
by, Mary Janice Davidson

I am a huge MJD fan so I was thrilled at the chance to review this.  I could not find a summary anywhere and I honestly do not have a clue what it is about.  I do know MJD is a fantastic writer.  I am very excited to read this. 


Book One: The Disillusionists Trilogy:
MIND GAMES
By, Carolyn Crane
March 23, 2010

While the citizens of Midcity are being terrorized by paranormal crime, Justine Jones is battling the paralyzing hypochondria that’s ruining her life. She’d do anything to break free.

She gets her chance when Packard, a handsome mastermind with strange powers, peers into her soul and invites her to join his psychological hit squad.

At first, Justine enjoys being part of the glamorous, thrilling world of neurotic vigilantes who battle Midcity’s depraved and paranormal criminals, though as a crimefighter, she’s far more like Monk than Anita Blake.

She also enjoys the unexpected affection that blossoms between her and Packard. But little by little, Justine begins to uncover strange secrets: like why Packard hasn’t set foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant for eight years. And the truth about the disillusionists. Soon their affection is destroyed in an angry inferno.

Things become more complicated when Justine falls for her most dangerous target, a dashing crime boss with a penchant for opera and paranoia about brain hemorrhages. Is he a ruthless criminal or her soulmate? How will she keep Midcity from sliding into a bloodbath?

Don't wait, preorder your copy today.

7 comments:

Orchid said...

Ooh, Mind Games sounds awesome. Hope you enjoy both of your books. :)

fredamans said...

I think both sound interesting.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-my-mailbox.html

Kathy Martin said...

Mind Games sounds excellent. I'll have to pre-order it. I will be eager to hear about MJD's new book. Happy reading!

Amanda Leigh said...

Mind Games sounds good and I'm curious about what the MJD book is. Happy reading!

Here's what I got this week: Not-Really-Southern Vamp Chick

Mama Bookworm said...

I'm jealous ;) I can't wait to read Mind Games!

Beverly said...

Hey there - just wanted to let you know that I have passed an award on to you! Check it out at my blog

Alexia561 said...

Both books look really good! Looking forward to reading your reviews. Enjoy!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.