Friday, April 9, 2010

Bottoms Up Feature: Kai of Fiction State of Mind

I am hosting my first reading challenge this year. The Bottoms Up 2010 Reading Challenge requires you to read off the bottom of your TBR pile. You can still sign up, follow the link for more information.

I wanted to take the chance to feature the people who have signed up for the challenge. Each week, watch for a new mini-interview from a different participant. Be sure to stop by their blog and cheer them on!
This week's feature is about Kai from Fiction State of Mind. Stop by and check out some of her reviews. She is also hosting some giveaways!


1. Please tell us a bit about yourself.
KC:  I'm a Massage Therapist in Southern California. I Love Books!!!! I don't go a day without reading something.

2. Please tell us about your blog.
KC: My Blog is called Fiction State Of Mind. I never thought I could review a book. The amazing bloggers on twitter really inspired me to do it. I love the support Book Bloggers have for each other. Right now I'm reviewing my own purchases. I'm hoping to make some contacts with publishers in the future. Right now I'm focusing on improving my review skills.

3. What kind of books to you like to read?
KC: I read all genres: fiction, non-fiction, Manga, Comic Books, graphic novels, Horror, Paranormal, YA. My goal with the blog is to encourage readers to try other genres so I do lots of giveaways of slightly "loved" books and Manga.

4. OK, time to come clean. How many books are in your TBR pile?
KC: 175!! I donated over 150 books this month! I've put myself on a 30 day without buying books plan for march :(

5. What is your reading goal for the Bottoms Up challenge?
KC: I want to clearout some of my shelf space!! Hopefully 20+ books.

Thank you for the opportunity. The bottoms up challenge is such a great idea.

Glad you signed up Kai!  I think it is wonderful that you donated so many books in one month.  I hope good book Karma comes your way! 

2 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

yay for people who donate books!

Chas @ LLL in the 808 said...

Aloha!!=)

I love this challenge and cant wait to read updates on this one!=)

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.