Saturday, April 10, 2010

Contest Craze and R-A-T Mid-Challenge Meme

Princess Bookie is holding a MASSIVE contest craze.  She is giving away some great books.  If you haven't already, visit her blog and test your luck.  There is something for everyone!


Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
Just finished Bite Me by Christopher Moore

2. How many books have you read so far?
Only two-I know that is not many, but the second one had a slow start and the phone kept ringing.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Shiver by Maggie Steifvator

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Actaully no, I realized at the last minute that my whole day and night would be spent alone. 

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
YES-the neighbors-the weather is beautiful so everyone is out and chatty.  I mainly politely excused myself from them.  The other thing is the phone, which I muted. 

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How long it actually takes to read a book.  I mean usually I read here and there.  To sit and read a whole book at one time can take a while. 

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
On your end, no everything is great.  I am impressed with the mini challenges, the organization, and the great participation. 

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
On my end, I would plan better.  I would prepare my updates in advance and maybe make a schedule.  Organization is key. 

9. Are you getting tired yet?
I am getting a bit cross eyed.  It will be around 11 pm that I will start having trouble. 

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I am still so much of a newbie that I do not have any sage advice, however I will be visiting several other reader's sites for some tips!

2 comments:

Melis said...

Half Way there! I hope you are having fun, here is a cheer to keep you going!

The reading will stop
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
your book count will be higher
Just keep thinking about tomorrow
all the great books you will have to talk about
with your blog friends
If you get blurred or sore, or sleepy
Just stick up your chin
and grin
and say
My TO BE READ PILE, Tomorrow
will be smaller than it was before
and your spirits will soar
because then TOMORROW, TOMORROW You can go shopping TOMORROW at Amazon and BUY SOME MORE!

:D lol

Bybee said...

You did a great job on your mid-event survey. Did you like Bite Me?

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.