Sunday, May 2, 2010

In My Mailbox (22)

I only received only one book this week.  It came for review from Around The World Tours.  If you are not familiar, check out the site.  Cindy has given me tons of opportunities to read some great books, most before publication. 

This week I received:
Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
April 2010 

Just like her older sister, Jessica, her mother and every female ancestor before her, 15-year-old Joy Stefani can "Hear" people's innermost desires, which her family calls "Whispers." While pessimistic Jessica remains a loner and dabbles in drugs, Joy feels compelled to fulfill Whispers as best she can, becoming popular in the process. After she temporarily loses her Hearing and the social insights it brings, it returns full force, allowing her to Hear her friends' true thoughts and causing her to question their motives. When she discovers that Jamie, her crush's younger brother, has a similar talent, she begins to trust an outsider with her secret and learns how to use the power of her Hearing when Jessica, whom she's pushed away over the years, needs saving. Joy narrates the story in the first person, and her responses to her classmates' Whispers will strike a chord. Although the too-tidy ending feels rushed and the story is not as solid as Lisa McMann's Wake trilogy, fans of the genre will likely enjoy it. (Paranormal. YA) (summary from Barnes and Noble)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.  So what's in your mailbox?

13 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

iluvhersheys_andbooks said...

This book sounds like it is going to be a great read!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

I enjoyed Whisper, hope you like it too!

elizabeth said...

This book sounds great! Hope you enjoy it.

the story siren said...

oh i want to read this one! happy reading

Christina T said...

Whisper looks like a fantastic book. I hope you enjoy it!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

I got this one this week, too!! I hope we both enjoy it!! :)

Felicia S. said...

Can't wait to see what you think of it!

deltay said...

Happy reading!

fredamans said...

Awesome cover!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/mailbox-weekly.html

Alexia561 said...

Hadn't heard of this one yet, but it sounds really interesting. Happy reading!

Marie said...

Ah I want this one!

My mailbox can be found here!

Carina said...

That one looks great! My mailbox is here.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.