Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WoW: The Clockwork Three

2010 is going to be an incredible year for book lovers.
This sounds like something I would not normally read. 
I like to mix-it-up once in a while. 
Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill from Breaking the Spine.

The Clockwork Three
by Matthew Kirby
October 1, 2010

Three ordinary children are brought together by extraordinary events. . .
Giuseppe is an orphaned street musician from Italy, who was sold by his uncle to work as a slave for an evil padrone in the U.S. But when a mysterious green violin enters his life he begins to imagine a life of freedom.

Hannah is a soft-hearted, strong-willed girl from the tenements, who supports her family as a hotel maid when tragedy strikes and her father can no longer work. She learns about a hidden treasure, which she knows will save her family -- if she can find it.

And Frederick, the talented and intense clockmaker's apprentice, seeks to learn the truth about his mother while trying to forget the nightmares of the orphanage where she left him. He is determined to build an automaton and enter the clockmakers' guild -- if only he can create a working head.

Together, the three discover they have phenomenal power when they team up as friends, and that they can overcome even the darkest of fears.
(summary from Amazon)

For more information, visit Matthew Kirby or preorder a copy from Amazon.

8 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Ooooo I want to know more already. Great pick.

Stephanie said...

That sounds wonderful. And it sounds like something my son would like too.

cynthial11 said...

whoa! sounds really awesome I'm going to add it to my list! great pick!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

This one sounds like a cool adventure story! Love the cover, too!

Catie S (Book Bound) said...

Yay! Someone else who's excited for this book.
I heard about this book at Lindsey Leavitt's Princess for Hire book signing.
Odd place right?
Only here is half of an audience other authors.

Mama Bookworm said...

Great pick! I have this one on my TBR shelf as well :)

Audrey; (AyC) said...

Ooh, great pick! sounds really good, even though (I know it's just me, but) the cover kinda creeps me out, haha.
I've got an award for you on my blog :)

MissV said...

I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I love this cover...I'd pick this up!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.