Monday, June 28, 2010

Cover LOVE?

Elevensie Julia Karr released the cover for her Spring 2011 debut.  This may not be the final cover image.  It took me a few to realize the title is hidden in the picture.  See it, outlined in black?

XVI
YA Speculative Fiction
Spring 2011

"In the year 2150, being a girl isn’t necessarily a good thing, especially when your sixteenth (read sex-teenth) birthday is fast approaching. That in itself would be enough to make anyone more than a little nuts, what with the tattoo and all – but Nina Oberon’s life has taken a definite turn for the worse. Her mother is brutally stabbed and left for dead. Before dying, she entrusts a secret book to Nina, telling her to deliver it to Nina's father. But, first Nina has to find him; since for fifteen years he's been officially dead. Complications arise when she rescues Sal, a mysterious, and ultra hot guy. He seems to like Nina, but also seems to know more about her father than he’s letting on. Then there’s that murderous ex-government agent who’s stalking her, and just happens to be her little sister’s dad." (summary from author's site)

For more information, visit Julia at her website. 
So are you in Cover LOVE?

10 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Oh, awesome pick! Lol, I didn't realize that was the title at first... interesting concept. Though I'm more in love with the premise (could I say dystopian?). Can't wait for this one; thanks for the heads up. :D

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Ooh, that's interesting! I've never seen a cover like that,

:)

Lauren said...

I LOVE the cover of this one, but it took me forever to figure out what the title was when I first saw it.

GMR said...

Nice pick! Reminds me A LOT of the cover for Willow by Julia Hoban. Cover love? For me...not so much though the story does give me pause enough to be curious about it. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Faye said...

Love the intense cover! added it!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Cool cover! Immediately it makes me think she's under attack :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

oooh nice cover. and this book does sound great!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
pocket watch

juliakarr said...

Elie - thanks so much for this post! Julia

Michelle said...

The cover is just okay for although the story itself sounds awesome.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.