Sunday, June 6, 2010

In My Mailbox (26)

A few new ones this week...
book links go to goodreads

*I won Unknown by Rachel Caine from The Knight Agency.  (thank you)
*I won Incarceron from I Heart Monster. (big hugs)

*I picked up this 39 Clues from the library.  My six year old wants to read this.  Since he is 6 and the main characters are 14, I have to read it first.  Unfortunately, he has his mother's patience (or lack there of), so has anyone read any of these?  Are they scary?  How's the content?

**Lastly, I did a guest post for Leap Books this weekend.  Please drop by and leave me some love.  Let me know if you liked it.  Thank you (big hugs). 

IMM is hosted by The Story Siren. 

7 comments:

Okapi said...

Ahh you're soo lucky to win Incarceron! I really want it!
http://thesmartyowl.blogspot.com/

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Nice wins (and borrowed book!). Hope you enjoy them all :)

Zia said...

Incarceron will make it to my bookshelves someday. Maybe when I start getting caught up on my reading.

Cheryl McInnis said...

My nine year old loves The 39 Clues series, they might be a bit much for a six year old though. Not really scary, just pretty intense. I kind of enjoy reading them myself ;-)

Kris said...

I really want Incarceron; those are some good books you got. I've heard alot about 39 clues. I may have to check it out.

brandileigh2003 said...

Looks like a great week. Check out my IMMB if you want here

Kathrin said...

Have fun with those books!

I listened to part of the 3rd (???) 39 Clues book on my trip to America (it was the current audio for kids I spent some - awesome - time with, the kids were 5, 8 & 10). I would say it really depends on how easy to scare your 6yo is. The 5yo didn't mind the scarier parts too much. But then, they only made breaks when they left the car, so it was a quick "read"...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.