Monday, June 14, 2010

Majix trailer

Check out this trailer for the July YA release of Majix by Douglas Rees. 

Here is the book summary from goodreads...
Kestrel (don't call her Susan) Murphy is angry. Forced to leave her posh San Francisco Bay Area home by her father's illness, she's living in Jurupa (sounds like vomiting), Southern California. It's too hot. The people are stupid. And you have to chew the air to get the oxygen out of it. On the plus side, Kestrel is a witch. Well, a witch-in-training. And she's going acquire the magic she needs to get her life back to normal. At first, she barely notices the people around her-Aunt Ariel, who's taken her in and is herself a well-known white witch; Jose Iturrigaray, the quiet, talented young artist; Blake Cump, troublemaker extraordinaire; Laura Greenwood, who wants to be Kestrel's friend. But life has its own magic, and gradually Kestrel finds that much of one's success as a witch lies in being open to it.
I am a sucker for witchy stories, but the trailer totally sold me on this one.  Want a copy, follow this link to preorder from Amazon

3 comments:

Anna ♥ said...

Wow, what a fantastic trailer! I love the music~ The books sounds like such a great read, I love the sound of Kestrel's personality. LOL, I can so relate to the hot chew-able air~

Cleverly Inked said...

I have seen this book on another site..It looks fabulous

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

I love it! I've seen this book, but the cover never excited me. This trailer has opened my eyes to it! Now I think it looks pretty interesting!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.