Tuesday, June 29, 2010

YA review: Forgive My Fins


Half-mermaid princess Lily Sanderson has been living on land for the past three years, crushing on Seaview swim-god Brody Bennett, dealing with annoying biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher, and just generally trying to figure out this whole human thing. But everything changes when she accidentally bestows her magical first kiss on the wrong boy. (summary from author's website)
Follow this link to read an excerpt.

My thoughts...This is the perfect summer read! Forgive My Fins is a fun, lighthearted story the will leave you grinning from ear to ear.

Being half human, Lily has chosen to live on the land to learn more about her mother. While attending school and trying to blend with the mortals, she falls in love. The question is did she fall for the right guy? When she accidentally kisses the wrong boy, she has to prove to her Daddy that it was a mistake before they are bonded forever. Lily's character was quirky and fun to read. My favorite character in the story was bad boy Quince, his character developed so much through the story, that I was rooting for him in the end.

Forgive My Fins moved at a fast pace, easy read. Childs did a brilliant job of describing her world, especially the underwater kingdom of Thalassinia. The story is romantic without being gushy, charming and funny. The ending surprised me, it did not end the way I expected. The epilogue actually left room for another tail.

I would recommend this to YA fans of all ages. It was a clean read, just some kissing scenes. This is the perfect for reading by the pool or at the beach!

Cover LOVE? I adore this cover and it fits the story perfectly.

For more information, visit Tera Lyn Childs at her website. This is a great summer read, follow the link to order your copy.

5 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I have to read this. I LOVE TLC and mermaids :)

Great review :)

Marie said...

This book was amazing! Great review!

Amelia said...

Hey Elie!
Okay I have a teeny weenie confession: I kind of skimmed over this review, just because I'm reading FINS right now! But I enjoyed reading your thoughts and am so glad you liked it! You're right, it is a great summer read :)

Jenny N. said...

I agree, its the perfect summer beach read. I might just reread it this summer too.

Lizzy said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I really enjoyed her other books (Oh.My.Gods, and Goddess Bootcamp). Glad you liked it :)

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.