Friday, July 2, 2010

Cover LOVE?

Debut author Ty Roth shared a new cover for his February 2010 release of So Shelly.  In his livejournal he said "It was the second mock-up after the sales people felt the first one skewed too young". 
So Shelly
by,  Ty Roth
February 2011

Until now, high school junior, John Keats, has only tiptoed near the edges of the vortex that is schoolmate and literary prodigy, Gordon Byron. That is, until their mutual friend, Shelly, drowns in a sailing accident.

After stealing Shelly's ashes from her wake at Trinity Catholic High School, the boys set a course for the small Lake Erie island where Shelly's body had washed ashore and to where she wished to be returned. It would be one last "so Shelly" romantic quest. At least that's what they think. As they navigate around the obstacles and resist temptations during their odyssey, Keats and Gordon glue together the shattered pieces of Shelly's and their own pasts while attempting to make sense of her tragic and premature end.(summary from Amazon)

For more information visit Ty at his livejournal. 
Follow this link to preorder from Amazon. 

I am very excited about this, mainly because I grew up submerged in Lake Erie.  I think the cover is very pretty and haunting. 

So what do you think?  Are you in Cover LOVE?

11 comments:

Wendy said...

OMG, that cover is awesome! Love it.

Missie said...

I am in Cover Love! Now I've added this to my TBR pile! thanks

Justine said...

WOW, I am honestly loving that cover!! So haunted looking, but really awesome!

Book Whisperer said...

I have already added to my TBR list... I love it!

Cara said...

Added to the TBR pile. The cover is gorgeous, and the story sounds fantastic! Great pick! (:

Lindsay :) said...

I'm so adding this to my TBR list. They cover is so very pretty, that alone would've made me add it to my TBR and then I read what it was about and that sounds good too!

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

LOVE this cover! =)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Sounds awesome!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

yes, it looks amazing as well. but I agree. COVER LOVE.

Anonymous said...

The gray tones make the cover look kind of spooky and mysterious. I like it. This one is going on the wish list.

GMR said...

Oooh...I must say this is the first time I've heard of this one, but from the description, the cover art is a match indeed!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.