Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cover LOVE?

Brenna Yovanoff shared the UK version of her book The Replacement.  This title will be out in the UK in January of 2011. 
Mackie Doyle seems like everyone else in the perfect little town of Gentry, but he is living with a fatal secret - he is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now the creatures under the hill want him back, and Mackie must decide where he really belongs and what he really wants.

A month ago, Mackie might have told them to buzz off. But now, with a budding relationship with tough, wounded, beautiful Tate, Mackie has too much to lose. Will love finally make him worthy of the human world? (summary from goodreads)

Here it is with the US cover.  Which one do you LOVE more?

I think they both are nice, but they have two totally different feels to them.  I would pick up the US cover because it looks scary.  The UK cover has more of a thriller feel.

For more information, visit Brenna at her livejournal

8 comments:

Alessandra @Out of the Blue said...

I think I prefer the US one. The UK one reminds me too much of Fallen!

Kathy Martin said...

I like the UK cover much more. I wasn't at all tempted to read the book based on the US cover but the UK cover made me want to read it now.

Cari said...

I love the US cover!

Jazz Sexton said...

The US cover is amazing. I've been excited about it since I first saw it a couple weeks ago. The sharp objects above the stroller are such a contrast that I need to know what is going on. Changelings are meant to be scary!

The UK is a borefest.

Jenny N. said...

I'm not a fan of the UK cover and like the US cover so much more. Its creepy having the sharp objects dangling on top of a baby carriage.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Its so...blech ;)

Anonymous said...

The US cover is definitely edgier. My first though was (gasp) how could they dangle those sharp objects over the baby carriage. It has grown on my though. I am excited to read it.

Tara SG (25 Hour Books) said...

I liked the US one better...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.