Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cover LOVE?

I spotted this cover at The Persnickety Snark.  This is the sequel to Gayle Forman's novel, If I Stay.  I think this second cover is as haunting as the first.  The colors really do a great job of setting the mood. 
I was not able to find a blurb yet, but it can be preordered from Amazon.  This book is set to release on April 4, 2011.  Stay tuned to Gayle Forman's website for more details. 

Here is the first cover in the series...
 If I Stay
April 2009

On a day that started like any other…

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the one decision she has left—the most important decision she’ll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.
(summary from author's site)

Which cover do you like better?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love love loveeeee the new cover...brilliant! :)

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

I love this cover too Elie! It gives it like a wintery feel to it even though she's wearing a shortsleeved shirt. :P

Shy said...

I've to agree with your thought on the colour effect. I think both covers are absolutely gorgeous and I also love how the artist retain some of the details from the 1st cover to the 2nd.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Oooo I like it. It definitely compliments the other one.

Page (One Book At A Time) said...

I read it's suppose to be from Adam's point of view, 3 years later.
And from a teaser read somewhere, it's not all happy (which how could it be).

Miss Remmers said...

Definite cover love!

Darlyn said...

I love the cover and the story is also appealing to me.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I absolutely love how the second cover compliments the first. Job well done!!

I have yet to read If I Stay, but I'm definitely planning on it =)

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.