Monday, October 4, 2010

YA review: Awakened

Book 1: AWAKENED by, Ednah Walters

Orphaned as a child and raised by her grandfather, Lil Falcon is concerned with navigating her new high school and is unaware she's a descendant of the Nephilim, a race of beings with super powers tasked with protecting humanity from the demons who threaten it. But when she meets Bran, his psi energy unlocks her latent abilities and opens her eyes to what she is, a Guardian.

But Bran has a secret and befriending him sends Lil down a dangerous path that will either destroy her or make her stronger. (summary from author's site)

My thoughts...I LOVED this book.  Ednah Walters has created an exciting world of Angels and Demons complete with magic and romance. 

Awakened is book one in The Guardian Legacy series.  It grabbed my interest from the very first chapter and kept me intrigued until the end.  It offers a great blend of action, romance, great fight scenes, and fantasy.  While some of the settings were complex, Walters did a brilliant job of transporting the reader to her world.  The book played out like a movie, one that I would watch again. 

The characters in the story are part of a team of Guardians who protect the world from evil.  They all have unique abilities and strengths which make them interesting in their own ways.  There are also some secondary characters that will satisfy fans of the paranormal including blood suckers and shifters.  The heroine, Lili is a unique character that I immediately liked.  She is very selfless and devoted to those she loves.  Bran, the lovely character on the cover, was another character I really enjoyed reading.  I look forward to learning more about all of the characters. 

I would definitely recommmend Awakened to readers of all ages and genders.  This is a love story, but it is balanced with lots of intense action.   Book two, Betrayed, is already on my wish list. 

For more information, visit Ednah Walters at her website.  Awakened is avaiable for puchase at popular booksellers such as Amazon.   In the meantime, enjoy the trailer. 

5 comments:

brizmus said...

I love it when books play out like movies - but then I always want for the movie to happen!
Sounds great! Thanks for the review!

Melissa said...

Great review! This sounds like an awesome read :)

I do love it when books are a bit like movies when you read them!

Hazel Williams said...

Love the review... this book sounds like it is right up my alley!! Adding it to my wish list now!! :) Hazel

Tara SG (25 Hour Books) said...

I signed up for a tour of this and I'm super excited to get it now that I know you liked it!

Cleverly Inked said...

OOo this sounds awesome. The cover is a little to airbrushed though

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.