Monday, December 6, 2010

Mail a Hero

I wanted to take a moment to honor the men and women who are overseas this holiday.  My own hero, my Dad, is serving our country and won't be home for Christmas this year.  We are so proud of him and can't wait for his safe return. 


When making your Christmas card list this year, send one to this address:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

You holiday wishes will be passed on to a soldier this season.
If  everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these ...wonderful, brave & special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

Happy Holidays.

4 comments:

Chrystal said...

Happy holidays to your family... and I will pray for the safe return of your father. *hugs* What a wonderful idea to spread the cheer to those who serve. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Awesome! Great reminder! Thank you.

PS Have you ever seen the Hallmark movie The Christmas Card?

loreleimarsh said...

Just of note though, the deadline is December 10th. Your letter has to be postmarked to that address, by no later than that date. Just an FYI. Give your father all our thanks!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Thanks so very much for this address. I am going to have my students write letters to these soldiers. We have lost two servicemen from our state within the last month. My students have expressed lots of concern about these fallen soldiers and I know that they'd want to give thanks.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.