Friday, February 18, 2011

Cover Love?

OK, I know I am supposed to be on break, and I am....really. But I saw this and was WOWed. What a pretty cover. Have you seen this one yet?
Virtuosity
by, Jessica Martinez
October 2011, Simon Pulse

Now is not the time for Carmen to fall in love. Two weeks before the most important violin competition of her career, she has bigger things to worry about—like growing out of that suffocating “child prodigy” label, and not disappointing her mother. But it isn’t just the wrong time. It’s the wrong guy. Jeremy is Carmen’s most talented rival, and according to her mother, he’s only interested in one thing: winning.

He isn’t the only one.

Carmen is so desperate to win she takes anti-anxiety drugs to control performance nerves. But what started a year ago as an easy fix is now a hungry addiction. Her mother insists now is not the time to quit, but Carmen is sick of not feeling anything on stage and even more sick of doing what she’s told.

When the darker side of the classical music industry and her mother's ambition collide, Carmen must choose between her career and her love for music.(goodreads)

I am still looking for a website for Jessica, but you can fan her on Goodreads. Here is an interview with her on the Elevensies site.

*Celebrity Author In the HOUSE!! Jessica just commented saying that her website will be up soon, but for now you can visit her blog! Here is the LINK!

I think this cover is beautiful. The pink is shocking and the bold silhouetted really pops off he cover. What do you think? OK, back to the books.

4 comments:

Danna (Friendly Reader) said...

I agree with you, this cover is stunning. I'm going to have to get myself a copy when it comes out:)
-Danna

Jessica Martinez said...

Thanks so much for posting this Elie! I'm in love with it too!

My website is still under construction, so right now I've just got my blog:

jessicalowmartinez.blogspot.com

I'll let you know when the official site is up and running--I'm being told it should be this next week. Thanks again!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I LOVE this cover. I love hair covers :)

ephrielle said...

Very nice color indeed. I really like the contrast.

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.