Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WoW: Tris and Izzie

Love the cover of this book and I love retelling of love stories. So excited!
Tris & Izzy
by, Mette Ivie Harrison
October 11, 2011
Edgemont

A modern retelling of the German legend "Tristan and Isolde", "Tris and Izzy", is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until-- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

Light, contemporary romantic fantasy for teens.(goodreads)
(not the official blurb)

WoW is hosted by Breaking The Spine

11 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This does sound good. I have a few other books by the author on my TBR stack but have never read anything by her. Have you read her other works?

Cari said...

Holy Covers! I want this book!

Jasmine (The Reading Housewives) said...

I JUST found out about this one yesterday and already added it to my list!

Jasmine
The Reading Housewives

Sandy said...

I didn't know Tristan and Isolde was a German legend I thought it was either English or Irish. Well I certainly do love retellings and this sounds like one full of twists.

Also I agree, that cover is freakin' gorgeous.

Sandy
My Wow

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

No wayyy!! How cute is that :D

I go by Isalys online but my REAL birth name is Isolda (I guess the "-a" ending gives it more of a spanish-ring! lol) I'm third generation Isolda...the name has been in my family since the 1930's starting with my grandma.

The story of Tristan & Isolde is not widely known so when my mom & I find anything having to do with it, we'll snatch it up!! Which means that I MUST have this book :) lol.

♥Isalys (aka Isolda :)

Khadija said...

It's one of my favorite legends, i love retellings, and there is no avoiding the breathtaking cover. I can't wait for this one either! Really great pick!

I'm doing a series on my blog for debut authors and the first post went up today, come check it out? http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/2011-debut-author-incites-beth-revis.html

Nina said...

OMG, that love story is the best ever! I cannot wait to read this. I am excited. OMG. I AM! :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Ooooooooo I can't wait.

Mrs. DeRaps said...

That is a gorgeous cover!!

Jenny N. said...

It sounds so good plus I love the cover.

YA Book Queen said...

I am in love with the cover for this one!!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.