Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cover Love?

Jennifer Estep shared the NEW cover for her debut YA release, Touch Of Frost.
Here is what she had to say:

"I like both cov­ers, but I think the girl cover is a bet­ter fit for the book/series. To me, it’s a lit­tle hip­per and edgier and says young adult urban fan­tasy more than the gar­goyle cover did. I think that’s impor­tant  since Touch of Frost is all about my hero­ine, Gwen Frost, and is told from her first-person point of view."
(from back cover)
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Acad­emy — a school of myths, magic and war­rior whiz kids, where even the lowli­est geek knows how to chop off somebody’s head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spar­tan guy in school, also hap­pens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jas­mine Ash­ton was mur­dered in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties. Then, some­one stole the Bowl of Tears, a mag­i­cal arti­fact that can be used to bring about the sec­ond Chaos War. You know, death, destruc­tion and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I’m deter­mined to find out who killed Jas­mine and why – espe­cially since I should have been the one who died …

Here is the old cover...


Which one do you like better?
 I agree with Jennifer, I like the new one, it's more attention grabbing. Wonder if they'll change it again?  For more information, visit Jennifer at her website.  





5 comments:

Lexie said...

I definitely like the new one better, the old one didn't say 'YA' to me you know?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

MAJOR improvement I think :)

YA Book Queen said...

The new one definitely looks more YA! :)

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast said...

I love the new cover. I probably wouldn’t even pick up the book if I saw the old one unless I noticed the author’s name.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Touch of love, she looks like scarlet johanson

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.