Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sequel Saturday (2)

I recently started thinking about all the great sequels that are coming out.
Are they forgotten? Are they pushed down our wish lists for new, shiny debuts? Sequel Saturday is a special post to celebrate these books.

This week I am featuring the sequel to The Line by, Terri Hall.



by, Teri Hall
September 15th 2011
Dial Books for Young Readers

When Rachel crosses The Line she leaves behind everything she has ever known and enters a strange new world: Away. Life there is hard, and survival is never guaranteed. Bizarre, wild creatures roam the forests, and people—the same people she’s always been told are dangerous and untrustworthy—have gifts she’s never thought possible.
 
Rachel has to rely on Pathik, the boy she risked her own life for, to help her navigate the strange customs. He’s exasperating, but she thinks she can trust him, and she hopes he’ll lead her to answers about her father. As it turns out, he leads her to more than she bargained for, and Rachel finds herself on an adventure filled with life and death choices, dark conspiracies, and unthinkable sacrifice.

In a place with no technology, no electricity, no medicine, and very little hope, Rachel discovers that only one thing makes life worth living. If only it’s not too late.(goodreads)

To learn more, visit Teri at her website. Away is available for preorder at Amazon. Didn't read book one, The Line yet? Here is my review.

Ok, so do you have a sequel that you are excited for or one that you love? It can be coming out or already released. Feel free to do your own post and leave me a link in the comments. If there is some interest, I will put up a linky and come up with a snazzy button.

**If you are an author and your sequel needs some LOVE, email me and I will be glad to feature you.

Happy Reading!


7 comments:

Emily a.k.a WilowRaven : ) said...

So glad you posted today :) Here is my link -- http://redhousebooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/sequel-saturday.html

Hope you continue with this great meme :)

I'm supper excited for Away as well!

LiLi said...

Thanks for the awesome meme, girl!

Here's my Sequel Saturday post: http://chicareader.blogspot.com/2011/03/sequel-saturday-1.html

:)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I gottta read the first one :)

Tina said...

I really liked the first one..so I cant wait to read Away. Great pick

Lauren said...

I'm really looking forward to this one, as I really enjoyed The Line and can't wait to see what happens next!

Erica said...

I simply cannot wait for Away - I thought The Line was an ok book, with an amazing end - and that Away will be absolutely brilliant!

Elie said...

Emily and LiLi-loved your posts.

Away should be great. I need to reread the last chapter of The Line before I start it. Come on September!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.