Friday, January 27, 2012

Got INK? (33) ....or jewelry

There is a trend with books, particularly Urban Fantasy, to display inked models on the covers.
Got INK? features some of these titles.

A Perfect Blood (The Hollows #10)

February 21, 2012
 Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth — a would-be creator is determined to make his (or her) own demons. But it can’t be done without Rachel’s blood.

As a bounty hunter, Rachel has battled vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more. But humanity itself might be her toughest challenge. (
goodreads)

I LOVE this series. Rachel is a KICK-BUTT heroine who offers readers exactly what they are looking for in a story. I have not read a while in this world, as I have been letting the books stack up, but this is one sequel I will not miss!!
I was checking back to see when the ink appeared. On the cover of 8 (Black Magic Sanction) Rachel is wearing a black studded band on her arm. On the cover of 9 (Pale Demon) I believe the tat is visible. I need to reread (or catch-up) to see if she got the ink in the story. Anyone know? I may have to send a message to Kim and see if I get a response.

** update.... not actually ink, but a silver bracelet. Kim says its much easier to tell its a silver bracelet on the actual cover of A Perfect Blood. Aw well, this book deserves tons of attention, ink or no ink.

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.