Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Rapture

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.(goodreads
)

My thoughts...At long last, we have come to the end of Lucy and Daniel's journey. Rapture did not disappoint with action, intrigue, passion, and excitement to the end.

For fear of giving away anything from the series, I will be brief. The characters were well developed. Luce, who started as a rather immature girl in the beginning, proved to be a strong, inspiring, and dutiful in the end. Daniel did not shine as brightly as the others for me in the end. I felt his will and resolve to be shaky. Cam sparked new interest in my mind as did several others.

The story moved at a steady pace. I found myself trying to guess the chain events only to find myself surprised at the outcome. As for the end, let's just say I didn't see the that coming. Many readers predicted this ending, saw through rose colored glasses to Kate's genius. I however was so so entranced with the story, that I missed it all-together. I was not only surprised, but pleased with the ending. Well don Lauren Kate, well done.

It is hard for me to analyze just this book, as the pieces have come together as a whole in my mind. This speaks to Kate's world building ability. Her imagination entraps readers and leaves them captivated.

If you are new to the series, go back to the beginning because you won't want to miss one juicy morsel of this series. I hope to read more of Kate's work in the future. She creates a magical world.

For more information, visit Lauren Kate at her website or find her on goodreads.

*This book provided by Random Buzzers

0 comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa Design's Innocent Imagination kit.